Saturday, November 13, 2004

Torres del Paine, Chile [1988]

My Mum recently let me know she's planning on visiting the south of Chile, and asked if I had any ideas. That question got me looking through some old photos of mine, where I found this one I chose to scan.

While in this area, I was struck by the number of flamigos I saw within a couple days hike from where I took this photo! I took this photo in June of 1988 while in Torres del Paine, Chile, when I found myself backpacking through this very desolate area. I had arrive in Punta Arenas, off the Straits of Magellan, by merchant boat (this one?) from Puerto Montt. (Flying is a civilized alternative!) The distinctive rock formation is very typical of this area. Here's what National Geographic has to say about travelling in this area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home